Swimming & Diving Girls: Varsity 2022-23
SSP - Central Square Community Center
100 7th Avenue North, South Saint Paul MN 55075
Sportsmanship/Behavior Statements for Games and Events
South Saint Paul Secondary School’s Activities Department, in cooperation with the Metro East Conference and the Minnesota State High School League, strongly believes that good sportsmanship needs to be a constant presence in all school-based activity programs.
We expect all in attendance to exhibit positive sportsmanship by always showing respect for contest officials, coaches, and opponents, demonstrating a positive attitude, and maintaining self-control. Failure to exhibit proper sportsmanship may result in removal from the contest as well as a ban on attendance at future school-based activities.
Examples Acts of Misconduct include but are not limited to
- Throwing objects onto the playing surface or in the stands.
- Behavior deemed dangerous or behavior which interferes with the rights of other to observe the game.
- Possessing, consuming or being under the influence of chemicals.
- Use of obscene, profane or abusive language or gestures, posters or banners which show disrespect for the opposing teams, officials, bands or other performing groups.
- The use of noisemakers.
- Entry onto the playing surface at any time.
- Any sexual, racial, religious harassment or hazing will be dealt with according to the policy set forth by the Minnesota State High School League.